Forums
Question Regarding Max Cards Per Scan Session - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://forum.kronozio.com)
+-- Forum: English (http://forum.kronozio.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Scanning (http://forum.kronozio.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Question Regarding Max Cards Per Scan Session (/showthread.php?tid=99)

Question Regarding Max Cards Per Scan Session - Netter - 05-02-2017

Hello there,

Was wondering if there was a way to raise the default number on the Max Quantity window that pops up before actually scanning cards?  By default, mine shows a value of 150, however, if I try and raise this number (say to 300 or 500) as soon as I hit the "Ok" button to begin scanning, I can see the value quickly change itself back to the 150 value that was there prior.

Growing frustrated with this behavior, I went to the Kronocard/Metadata configuration settings file:

C:\ProgramData\Kronozio\Metacard\Metacard.ini

and under the "[STORAGEBOX]" section, I see this entry:

BLCardsPerSection = 150

I have modified it here as well, save it, reopened it (the .ini file) to verify it saved my changes, and begun the scanning session again - The 150 value that was there before has come back (even before entering anything) and if I go back to the .ini file again, it has resorted back to the 150 max that was there before  **shakes fist in aggravation**

My question, therefore, is 150 the maximum allowed number?  I was hoping to make it higher, but am not sure if I am missing a different, more hidden, config file somewhere that can be tweaked to allow this.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this!

RE: Question Regarding Max Cards Per Scan Session - Kronozio Support - 05-03-2017

(05-02-2017, 07:59 PM)Netter Wrote: Hello there,

Was wondering if there was a way to raise the default number on the Max Quantity window that pops up before actually scanning cards?  By default, mine shows a value of 150, however, if I try and raise this number (say to 300 or 500) as soon as I hit the "Ok" button to begin scanning, I can see the value quickly change itself back to the 150 value that was there prior.

Growing frustrated with this behavior, I went to the Kronocard/Metadata configuration settings file:

C:\ProgramData\Kronozio\Metacard\Metacard.ini

and under the "[STORAGEBOX]" section, I see this entry:

BLCardsPerSection = 150

I have modified it here as well, save it, reopened it (the .ini file) to verify it saved my changes, and begun the scanning session again - The 150 value that was there before has come back (even before entering anything) and if I go back to the .ini file again, it has resorted back to the 150 max that was there before  **shakes fist in aggravation**

My question, therefore, is 150 the maximum allowed number?  I was hoping to make it higher, but am not sure if I am missing a different, more hidden, config file somewhere that can be tweaked to allow this.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this!

Hi Chris!

Sorry for the confusion about all that new concept of Box/Row/Section.  The optimal way we found and implemented into the software is to have between 100 to 150 cards per section. Why ? Because this is easier to have a stack of 100 cards in your hand when looking to pull out one card in the section then having more than 150 cards. The second reason, more technical, it's because all images are scanned at high resolution (300dpi) having more then 150 cards on some older computer it can be problematic. This is why it's locked to max 150 cards.  So the way it have been designed is that you open the scanner module (Kronoscan) you scan 100-150 cards, you look at the cards, made adjustment (rotation or crop) if needed then you save.  It will tell you to put the cards in BOX ROW SECTION, you then place a separator and you scan the next 100-150 cards until the row is full. When full you tell the software the it's time to change row or/and box.

You can see a scanning example here: https://vimeo.com/141212620

Here you can see what our box look like:
[Image: kronozio_001.jpg]

Let me know if it help.

RE: Question Regarding Max Cards Per Scan Session - Netter - 05-03-2017

Makes sense, thank you for the speedy response (and image helped visualize it better as well)! I was just struggling to understand why the higher number I was putting in was not saving, and now I know why.

Thanks again!